This post may contain affiliate links. We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites at no extra cost to you.
Greek Chicken Skillet with olives comes together in just 20 minutes, served over a bed of fresh pasta or wild rice. The bright, lemon-dill chicken is topped with fresh tomatoes and briny olives, and sprinkled with feta cheese. This is a dish you can feel good about eating and one that is literally bursting with flavor!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This recipe is packed with fresh flavor and comes together in less than 30 minutes! It may actually take you longer to make the pasta or rice than it does to complete this dish. That makes it a perfect end of summer dish where you don’t want anything super heavy and you have an abundance of fresh tomatoes to use from the garden.
Big jobs, require big tools.
- Chicken: Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless but thighs would work too.
- Seasonings: Greek seasoning, red pepper flakes, and dried dill.
- Vegetables: Mushrooms, tomatoes, and olives. Adding roasted red peppers is a great options as well.
- Liquid: Chicken stock and olive brine.
- Toppings: Feta cheese, fresh oregano, and a squeeze of lemon to brighten the whole dish.
- Start by searing seasoned chicken on all sides in oil.
- Saute the vegetables.
- Add in liquid to degalze the skillet.
- Add chicken and juices back to the skillet and simmer.
- Serve over pasta or rice, or as is with a side salad for a healthy lunch option.
- 12-inch skillet
Don’t forget to check out my shop for some of my favorite products!
Get the goods!
Want more? Check out our app, ebook, and more!
You certainly can. To do so, add the chicken spices, and juice of one lemon to a large ziploc bag before leaving for work. Let it marinade all day before searing in the hot skillet with oil when you are ready for dinner.
Add cucumber, zucchini, red onion, or red bell peppers to the mix to stretch the recipe.
- Try to find or make a Greek seasoning without salt as the brine will add plenty of salty flavor to the dish. If the seasoning has salt, omit the olive juice.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Leftovers will not freeze well. Reheat from refrigerator in the microwave for single portions or on the stovetop for family style.
- Naan and Tzatziki
Hey, if you want to catch all my videos, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. You’ll be notified each time I share a new video!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating!
Greek Chicken Skillet with olives
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons greek seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes medly
- 3 ounces kalamata olives halved
- 1/8 cup kalamata olive juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled
- fresh oregano optional
- 16 ounces fettuccine optional
- Prepare pasta according to directions before starting chicken dish.16 ounces fettuccine
- Mix the greek seasonings, dried dill, and red pepper flakes. Pound the chicken breasts into equally thick portions if need be.* Season all sides of the chicken breast with the seasoning mix.2 teaspoons greek seasoning, 2 teaspoons dried dill, 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 4 chicken breasts
- Heat olive oil in a large 12 inch skillet or braising pan over medium-high heat. Sear both sides of the chicken breasts, about 5 minutes in total. Remove from the skillet to a large plate.2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Add the tomatoes and mushrooms to the skillet with 2 Tablespoons of butter. Saute until the mushrooms become tender and dark, about 5 minutes.4 ounces bella mushrooms, 1 pound cherry tomatoes, 2 Tablespoons butter
- Add the olives, olive juice, and chicken stock to the skillet to deglaze. Return the chicken and juices on the plate to the skillet. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes until tomatoes begin to burst.3 ounces kalamata olives, 1/8 cup kalamata olive juice, 1 cup chicken stock
- Remove the cover to reduce the liquid or leave covered for more liquid. Serve over prepared pasta. Top with feta cheese and fresh oregano.1/2 cup feta, fresh oregano